Thread: Naneum Ridge State Forest Recreation Planning Kickoff Meeting - April 2012

Threaded View

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Meeting Naneum Ridge State Forest Recreation Planning Kickoff Meeting - April 2012

I just got off the phone with Mike Williams. He wants to invite users of the Naneum Ridge State Forest to a meeting to talk about adding recreation to that area. The DNR will be taking applications for the Recreation Committee. See more info below:

From: WILLIAMS, MICHAEL (DNR) [mailto:MICHAEL.WILLIAMS@dnr.wa.gov]
    Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:36 PM
    To: goplay@EasternWashingtonAdventures.com
    Subject: Naneum Ridge State Forest Recreation Planning

Hi:

I wanted to invite your groups to the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Naneum Ridge State Forest Recreation Planning kickoff meetings. There will be two meetings, one in Ellensburg on April 18th (time and place to be determined) and Wenatchee on April 19th (time and place to be determined). There will be communications with the local media before the meetings also so it won’t be a surprise to the general public. Knowing about your groups and your interest in the Naneum area for recreation, I’m sure at least a representative from your groups will want to attend.

The DNR will be soliciting applications for a citizen committee (12 on the committee) to be part of the planning process over the next 16 months or so until fruition. DNR would like to see a good mix of both motorized and non-motorized recreationists on the committee to ensure the plan is fair and balanced.

If you would like me to include your group in the coming emails concerning the recreation plan please send me a contact name, phone number and email address.

Thanks and I hope to see your club at the kickoff meetings in mid-April. The kickoff meetings will be open to the general public.

Here is a link to our Ahtanum State Forest Recreation Plan that was completed in January 2010 to show what DNR will be creating in the process.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/a...2010-final.pdf

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call or email.

Mike Williams
    Recreation Manager
    SE Region Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
    W: 509.925.0973
    michael.williams@dnr.wa.gov
    www.dnr.wa.gov

NOTE DATE CHANGE!!!

Hi:

There has been a change in the Naneum Ridge State Forest Recreation Plan kickoff meeting date due to a conflict with staff in Olympia so I wanted to let everyone on the contact list know as soon as possible. The new date for Ellensburg will be the evening of April 25th and for Wenatchee the evening of the 26th with time and place to be determined hopefully this coming week.

Sorry for any complications or confusion.

Mike Williams
    Recreation Manager
    SE Region Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
    W: 509.925.0973
    C: 509.856.6579
    michael.williams@dnr.wa.gov
    www.dnr.wa.gov
    Last edited by Ceg; 03-26-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: DATE CHANGE
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.