Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father's Day 4x4 Run at the Nile - June 16 2012

4 Wheeling Father's Day 4x4 Run at the Nile - June 16 2012

Hope this works...
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Ceg; 06-19-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: title mod for seach reason

Nice and thanks. What is the last picture supposed to show?
    2006 KJ Liberty mostly stock: but well stocked when I travel. . . . .

BangHead

It is my bent pitman arm! I think ceg and others have pictures of my Jeep after I had to drop out. Hank was able to alter it enough that instead of only being able to turn left, I could turn left or right, but only about 1/5 to 1/6 of the normal radius.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

4 Wheeling

Father's Day 4x4 Run at the Nile
    Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures
    Photos by Clay Graham & Charlie Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Friday June 15th, 2012 a lot of Eastern Washington Adventures members met up near Saw Mill Flats to camp for the
    Father's Day weekend and to run the 4x4 trails in the area. Guido and TJ40 had Campers, Rangerat had a RV, BlindPilot,
    Joker, Spot and Warbi were in tents and I had my truck bed with a canopy. We had a small city in the forest.

On Saturday around 10 AM a Bobracing and Test Dummy showed up a long with four rigs from the Shindig Wheelers.
    There was fourteen rigs counting the ones in both groups. We headed up the FS1600.

We turned down 4W697. Not to far down the trail there is a steep drop off. We went down one rig at a time until we
    were all to the bottom.

We headed on down 4W697 through the tight trees along Glass Creek. We cross the creek three times and headed back
    up hill.

On up toward the top of the ridge there was a little off camber. It was not to bad but could be if wet.

Up where the trail turns onto FS1605 we met up with two more Jeeps. We took a lunch break there.

After lunch we moved on with sixteen rigs. We run together until Warbi's JK had a steering problem. We turned around to
    help Warbi and the Shindigs moved on.

Warbi some how bent his pitman arm on his JK. Test Dummy got the rig where it would turn both ways some and we
    headed back down to the nearest forest road which was FS1617.

Ones on FS1617 we headed out toward FS1611. Not to far down the road we had to stop to cut a tree off the road.
    TJ40 was nice enough to run the saw. Once the road was cleared we moved on.

At FS1611 Bobracing headed back to camp so he could help Warbi get his JK back home. Test Dummy and Spot also
    headed out. We moved on with six rigs heading up FS1611 to get over to 4W696/Mud Springs Trail.

We ran 4W696 to the end. We turned down FS1601 and then ran FS1613 back up to 4W696.

Not to far back up 4W696 we took the Mud Springs road and looped back onto 4W696. At FS1611 we headed back
    down to our camp along FS1600.

Back at camp we had a good time. The kids played games and seem to have a lot of fun.

Sunday morning Guido and BlindPilot were nice enough to give Charlie and I breakfast. Thanks guys!

After breakfast Charlie and I headed home to be with the family.

This was a great trip thanks to all who came.

Below are some photos taken by Charlie and I.

Our camp for the Father's Day Weekend.

Saturday's EWA Line up.

With the Shindig Wheelers.

Heading down the trail looking back.

Coming up to the steep part of the trail.

The group waiting as rigs go down one at a time.

Looking down the easier part of the steep section.

Down at the bottom watching others come down.

Going back to the rig to move on down the trail.

The first water crossing.

Regrouping right before the third water crossing.

On up at the top of the ridge the Shindig Wheelers cut some drown trees from the trail.

Lunch break up on FS1605.

Charlie my Co-pilot.

Moving on.

Up past 4W695 the Shindig Wheelers had more trees to cut out of the trail.

We got a call on the CB that Warbi could not steer his JK, so we headed back down. Test Dummy had fixed the JK so
    there was some steering.

Warbi turning around to head back down.

We had to stop on FS1617 to cut a tree out of the road.

Up at the Mud Springs Trail with six Jeeps.

Coming back from running the Mud Springs Trail.

We headed back to camp down FS1611.

There are more photos at: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=d8d988e9a0
    Last edited by Ceg; 06-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Looks like a fun run! Like seeing the non-Jeep (Nissan!) on the run!
    Matt

74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

[URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Awesome pics and write up!
    Ron The Parts Guy!

I help people find & sell: Truck - Jeep - SUV - Auto Parts. New & Used

Quote Originally Posted by mdmead View Post
    Looks like a fun run! Like seeing the non-Jeep (Nissan!) on the run!
    Did you see the rare Land Cruiser FJ40 in a couple of those pics?
    Ron The Parts Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by 4WheelingPlus.com View Post
    Did you see the rare Land Cruiser FJ40 in a couple of those pics?
    Hmm, had missed that... only saw it in one pic when I went back. (And it is cut up enough that it just looks like another Jeep!)
    Matt

96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)

Quote Originally Posted by mdmead View Post
    (And it is cut up enough that it just looks like another Jeep!)

Mine is cut up similar to that one. Maybe that's why the kids call it a jeep??

Ron The Parts Guy!

Great pics and writeup Ceg! We had a great time! Kids had a blast playing, and are already asking about going again. It was also great meeting some new people as well.

On Sunday morning, TJ40, Guido, Rangerat, and myself took a little trip up the 1600 road up to Clover Springs. We had a great time and ran into snow, some drifts, snow/water runoff, and we had a great time breaking trail into there! There were some great views, and the weather was fantastic. We back-tracked our way out, and ran into Superglock and some other Shindig wheelers heading up to the same place as we were heading out. We stopped at Little Bald Mtn. on the way down and took in the view for a bit before heading on down to camp to finish packing up to head home. I didn't bring my camera with me, so sorry, no pics. Hopefully some one else can post some pics of the Sunday run.
    97 TJ
    4 squirrels, 4" lift, 35" BFG KM2's, OX lockers F/R, 4:88 gears, winch, onboard air, upgraded 30 spline chromolly rear axles, homemade custom tube fenders/body armor, and other stuff...

The big cranky bear getting ready to pounce on its unsuspecting prey.
    A BAD DAY OF WHEELIN IS ALWAYS BETTER THEN THE BEST DAY AT WORK
    77CJ5 360amc ,NP435,rear=Jap9"Knockoff welded, Jap9"Knockoff lockright,4:11 gears Hydro assist steering

[img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/colemancooler/awrocuserbar.jpg[/img]

Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by BlindPilot View Post
    Great pics and writeup Ceg! We had a great time! Kids had a blast playing, and are already asking about going again. It was also great meeting some new people as well.

On Sunday morning, TJ40, Guido, Rangerat, and myself took a little trip up the 1600 road up to Clover Springs. We had a great time and ran into snow, some drifts, snow/water runoff, and we had a great time breaking trail into there! There were some great views, and the weather was fantastic. We back-tracked our way out, and ran into Superglock and some other Shindig wheelers heading up to the same place as we were heading out. We stopped at Little Bald Mtn. on the way down and took in the view for a bit before heading on down to camp to finish packing up to head home. I didn't bring my camera with me, so sorry, no pics. Hopefully some one else can post some pics of the Sunday run.
    I tried to upload some of the pictures I took and the website locked my computer out, I'm now on someone elses. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know about using Photobucket now but I still cannot access the site from my computer

Junior Adventurer
    Nice report and pictures. Thanks for posting it

Photobucket can be a pain sometimes as well. If I stay on there looking at much more than ten pictures, it locks up my computer. But when it works, it's great. Just try again.
    2006 KJ Liberty mostly stock: but well stocked when I travel. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerat View Post
    I tried to upload some of the pictures I took and the website locked my computer out, I'm now on someone elses. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know about using Photobucket now but I still cannot access the site from my computer
    This happened to me too. Not exactly sure what I did to fix the problem, but it didn't do it on it's own. I was having router and other problems that needed fixing and whatever I did fixed the EWA problem. Fustrating part was all other websites worked except EWA. Sorry not a lot of help.
    James
    '88 Blazer, with some bolt on things

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobracing View Post
    This happened to me too. Not exactly sure what I did to fix the problem, but it didn't do it on it's own. I was having router and other problems that needed fixing and whatever I did fixed the EWA problem. Fustrating part was all other websites worked except EWA. Sorry not a lot of help.
    It is his server not picking the site up or it works again for him. He brought his lab top over and EWA came up without a problem. This happens to me with my IP sometimes.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Photobucket can be a pain sometimes as well. If I stay on there looking at much more than ten pictures, it locks up my computer. But when it works, it's great. Just try again.
    I've been having this issue with Photobucket for the past few months as well. When I'm posting pics from Photobucket, after so many times, IE mostly locks up. If I just leave it alone for 15 minutes or so, it starts working again, but I don't dare use Photobucket again without closing the window and reopening it. Then it will work again for a period of time before locking up again. In researching this problem, it appears the problem might be a IE plug-in that causes it. I've been meaning to try to use Firefox next time I'm doing pics to see if I still have the problem.
    Matt

EWA Club Member / Park Ranger Foxracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks like fun! Don't think I've ever seen Guido with the top and doors off his TJ.
    04 Wrangler Rubicon (adventure rig)- 3.25" Rough Country lift, JKS 1.25 body lift, 1.25 motor mount lift, 35 KM2 tires, homemade on board air system Viair 450c compressor, custom rear bumper air tank, Dana 44's locked front/rear superior chromoly axle shafts, spicer u-joints, NP241 t-case 4:1 crawl ratio, 4.10 gears, snorkel, 8,000 lb winch, custom built rock sliders, light bar, and exhaust

04 Yamaha Banshee (fast toy)350cc twin 2 stroker - Toomey T-6 Racing Pipes, jetted and tuned

06 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon (Daily Driver/ back roads adventure rig) - custom 1 inch lift, chopped front bumper, 27 inch General Grabber tires, custom built light bar, Hella 500 FF rally lights, Primitive Racing 1/4 aluminum engine skid / rear diff skid, tow package, and magnaflow exhaust

Man, I wish I could of made that one. Domestic house projects have been keeping me grounded at home.

I have camped a few times up Corral Creek Rd in the Nile. Great area.

Looks like it was a great time.
    2004 TJ. Some tires, a winch, and stuff.

Junior Adventurer
    I live on the other side of the continent, but I follow EWA's trip reports religiously because they all look like a total blast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast