Thread: EWA Fall ORV Run at Juniper Dunes - Nov 17 2012

Bike Quad Rig EWA Fall ORV Run at Juniper Dunes - Nov 17 2012

I spent much of the day out at Juniper, the weather mostly cooperated, with only some very short spits of very fine raindrops. We had a caravan of about 12 or 13 rigs most of the day, and with the packed and wet sand, a lot of interesting hillclimbing was attempted.

Early on after we left the camping area, I hit a couple of quick bumps I didn't see and slow down for, and got slammed around kinda hard. By our second stop, I had a lot of low back pain. So, I kinda jetted out out early. I wasn't in a hurry, just tired of hurting.

Some rest, a hot shower soaking things, and I'm mostly ok again, but I won't be back for Sunday.

Thanks guys, for putting on the run, I really needed a day away from everything (including the phone). Hope to see you guys again, not too long.
    Last edited by Ceg; 11-25-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    ==================================

MOPARS, only and forever.

Thank you to CEG and everyone with EWA for letting me go wheeling and B.S.ing with you,I had a great time.Here's a couple of pics I took...

At the entrance to the wilderness area.

CEG's new pimp ride....
    Toyota farmer:98 4Runner,88 4Runner,90extra cab(the clapper),85 4x4 frame with a 94 2wd body on it(FrankenYota)

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Bike Quad Rig EWA Fall ORV Run at Juniper Dunes - Nov 17 2012

Eastern Washington Adventures
    Fall ORV Run at Juniper Dunes
    Report & photos by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Friday November 16th, 2012 Eastern Washington Adventures members met up at Smith Canyon to camp out for the Fall ORV Run at Juniper Dunes.

Around 10 AM Saturday November 17th, 2012 more people showed up at Smith Canyon for the ORV run.

We headed toward the dunes by going along the power lines. Out at the open dunes below the Upper Parking Area and few more rigs showed up to run with us. We wheeled to the northeast dunes. As we headed back toward camp people started heading out for home.

Back at our camp in Smith Canyon we had a surprise birthday party for my daughter Mandy that was turning 13 year old the next Tuesday and celebrated my son Hank's 24th birthday that was on that day.

We had a potluck barbeque and then took shelter under the pop-up since the rain came.

Around 11 AM Sunday November 18th, 2012 a few of us when to play out in the dunes for a few hours. We headed for home around 4 PM.

This was a great camping trip with a lot of ORV fun in the sand.

Here are some pictures I took of our trip:

Heading toward the dunes from Smith Canyon.

The open dune area below the Upper Parking Area.

Kenny24 high centered.

Moving on toward the Juniper Dunes Wilderness Trailhead.

Taking a break at the Juniper Dunes Wilderness Trailhead.

Moving on toward the Northeast big dunes.

My new family Jeep.

A very fun bowl to play in.

Heading south along the west fence.

Two of the Peak Putters came out.

Ring around the fallen tree!

Test Dummy had some steering pump issues.

TJ40 had a flat tire.

This was a fun steep hill climb.

Heading back to Smith Canyon as the sun goes down.

Cows on the trail.

Back at our camp in Smith Canyon getting ready for Hank & Mandy's birthday.

Both kids blowing out the fire.

Sunday morning.

Foxracer packing up.

Heading out to the trail.

One of the taller dunes.

The kids had a great time jumping off a sand dune.

I got high centered.

Kenny24 gave me a pull.

AlwayswrenchN

Juniper Dunes Wilderness Trailhead.

What a great time thanks to who all came.
    Last edited by Ceg; 11-21-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Nice pictures as always. We had fun and can't wait to do it again in the spring.
    94 YJ 4.0L, AW4 trans, SOA waggy/yukon springs, D44 & 9" 5.13w/ lockers, 37/13.50 Pitbull rockers, warn 8274
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L-[]llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_) North East Oregon 4wheelers
    http://www.neo4wheelers.com/

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayswrenchN View Post
    Nice pictures as always. We had fun and can't wait to do it again in the spring.

We are going to try to camp an extra day in the spring since Juniper is so much fun.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.

Looks like a fun run! I'd have been tempted if I hadn't had a snowmobile commitment last Saturday.
    Matt

74 Ford Bronco (Nearly a daily driver)
    99 Ford F-250 V-10 Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 (Task handler)
    96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion (undergoing... err... stalled... 5.3L V-8 swap and 5" lift)
    95 Yellowstone 24' Class C (Banks enhanced 460!)
    07 Can Am Outlander 400 (Farm & trail)
    97 Ski-Doo Summit 670 (Old reliable)

[URL]http://sensibleinselah.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Wagon View Post
    I spent much of the day out at Juniper, the weather mostly cooperated, with only some very short spits of very fine raindrops. We had a caravan of about 12 or 13 rigs most of the day, and with the packed and wet sand, a lot of interesting hillclimbing was attempted.

Early on after we left the camping area, I hit a couple of quick bumps I didn't see and slow down for, and got slammed around kinda hard. By our second stop, I had a lot of low back pain. So, I kinda jetted out out early. I wasn't in a hurry, just tired of hurting.

Some rest, a hot shower soaking things, and I'm mostly ok again, but I won't be back for Sunday.

Thanks guys, for putting on the run, I really needed a day away from everything (including the phone). Hope to see you guys again, not too long.
    We are glad you were able to make it out. Sorry to hear about your back pain. My back normally hurts from wheeling but I really feel better than normal since I had a smoother ride this time. Maybe you should buy a JKU too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Dave View Post
    Thank you to CEG and everyone with EWA for letting me go wheeling and B.S.ing with you,I had a great time.
    Thanks for coming out. It was good to see you again. That Toyota did well for not being locked. I am sure the driver had a lot to do with that though.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmead View Post
    Looks like a fun run! I'd have been tempted if I hadn't had a snowmobile commitment last Saturday.
    Next May we do it again. You should join in on the fun.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL

I sure wish I could have joined you guys on this run. Looked like a good time. But I had too many things wrong and not enough money. Maybe next time.
    I'm looking for your dead or unused jet ski. PM me if you have a cheap one.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    I sure wish I could have joined you guys on this run. Looked like a good time. But I had too many things wrong and not enough money. Maybe next time.
    We were hoping to see you out there. I hope you can make it there with us in May.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL