Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My summer project: New Shop

Adventurer

Photos My summer project: New Shop

Here's what I've spent my summer doing. Also the reason I haven't wheeled but once this summer. Also the reason my Jeep has sat broken for 3 months. But I can't complain. :iconbiggrin:

OK, on to the pictures. First is what I started with.

Groundbreaking, 15 holes 18"x18"x4'.
    Last edited by Ceg; 12-23-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    46 CJ2A

Adventurer
    Poles all set, starting to raise the trusses.

Roof framing done.

46 CJ2A

Adventurer
    Ready for concrete. A big thanks goes out to Ceg for the cattle panels I needed. Also thanks to Test Dummy and friend (sorry didn't get a name) for helping me get them loaded on short notice.

24 yds. of concrete and week later.

Getting started on the roof.

Roof is done after 2 weeks of a couple hours here and there after work.

First wall done. Big thanks to Ben W.
    46 CJ2A

Adventurer
    Second wall. Me up in my buggy and Ben W helping again.

All the walls are done and door on.

View from the front yard.
    46 CJ2A

Adventurer
    The last couple weeks have been spent finishing up the all the trim work, I will try to get a current pic up soon. The next project will be getting the power service put in. Then on to inside details like wiring, insulation and some kind of heat. It's been a lot of work so far and I couldn't have done it without lots of help from friends and family.
    46 CJ2A

Is your lift a orchard ape ,edwards or other ?
    A BAD DAY OF WHEELIN IS ALWAYS BETTER THEN THE BEST DAY AT WORK
    77CJ5 360amc ,NP435,rear=Jap9"Knockoff welded, Jap9"Knockoff lockright,4:11 gears Hydro assist steering

[img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/colemancooler/awrocuserbar.jpg[/img]

shop

damn nice ! you guys do good work!
    i am jealous as hell though.
    poor men have poor ways

'83' CJ-5, window squirters work.

Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by waycrazy
    Is your lift a orchard ape ,edwards or other ?
    We call it an orchard ape but I think the actual name is Girette(sp?).
    46 CJ2A

They are little hard to find parts for but they are real usefull. You built a nice shop!
    A BAD DAY OF WHEELIN IS ALWAYS BETTER THEN THE BEST DAY AT WORK
    77CJ5 360amc ,NP435,rear=Jap9"Knockoff welded, Jap9"Knockoff lockright,4:11 gears Hydro assist steering

[img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/colemancooler/awrocuserbar.jpg[/img]

The man with the biggest shop wins. Nice building once you get the heat in you will have alot of new friends just make a case coors per visit rule.
    Keep it on the green dot!

What size?
    It's also interesting to see the different engineering between pole buildings, where did you get the kit (if you got one) from?
    James
    '88 Blazer, with some bolt on things

Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobracing
    What size?
    It's also interesting to see the different engineering between pole buildings, where did you get the kit (if you got one) from?
    30x48x14.
    No kit. Just drew it up myself. The only thing the county baulked at was my poles. I called out 6x6 PT, they said no, must be 4x12PT along the side walls. End walls could be whatever I wanted.
    46 CJ2A

Senior Adventurer

Looks good. (jealosy brewing). If you don't mind me asking roughly what was the overall price ?
    Beware Heapers I drive IntoThrashinYalls.
    [url=http://groups.msn.com/WUDWHEELERS][img]http://www.cegranch.com/img/wud1.jpg[/img][/url]

Adventurer
    Finally got a picture with all the green trim finished. The edge of the roof is capped all the way around with metal. The soffits are covered in metal. There's no wood exposed on the outside of the building.
    Now I'm waiting for the ground to thaw so the trench can be dug for power.

46 CJ2A

Senior Adventurer colemancooler's Avatar
    very nice
    [img]http://www.treadlightly.org/images/jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif[/img][img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2953/treadtrainerlogocc3.jpg[/img]

Adventurer
    Sweet Shop Jay W,
    I'd rather have a shop like that and sleep in a dog house than have a nice house and no shop!
    70' CJ5, Dauntless 225cu. in. V-6, D44 flanged axle rear, D27 front, 4:88 gears, Spicer Powerlocks in both. P.S., T18 4 speed, D18 tcase, Warn O.D., Warn XD9000i, 33X13.50X15 MT Baja Claws, 11" brakes and no CB,............yet, but I have an E brake now!
    [color=#008040]Lead[/color], [color=#FFFF00]Follow[/color], [color=#FF0000]or get outta da way![/color]

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LayemStr8
    I'd rather have a shop like that and sleep in a dog house than have a nice house and no shop!
    Me too, but I have to have a big dog house because of all my puppies.

Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR
    National Rifle Association Member

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1977 C20 Farm truck, 350 ci
    1984 XJ, 4.0 L, AW4, NP242, 4.5" Rough Country, 3.73s, D30, D44 w/LS, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Colemancooler winch bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XJ
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Rough County 2.5 lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceg
    Quote Originally Posted by LayemStr8
    Me too, but I have to have a big dog house because of all my puppies.

You're a rich man cuz of those "puppies"!
    70' CJ5, Dauntless 225cu. in. V-6, D44 flanged axle rear, D27 front, 4:88 gears, Spicer Powerlocks in both. P.S., T18 4 speed, D18 tcase, Warn O.D., Warn XD9000i, 33X13.50X15 MT Baja Claws, 11" brakes and no CB,............yet, but I have an E brake now!
    [color=#008040]Lead[/color], [color=#FFFF00]Follow[/color], [color=#FF0000]or get outta da way![/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Jay W
    ...Now I'm waiting for the ground to thaw so the trench can be dug for power.
    Please tell me your running it's own power NOT OFF THE HOUSE panel?

I ended running a separate meter to the shop just because it was easier but like it know. And it's pretty darn easy to fill a 42 space (200A) box with 240 circuits, lighting and outlets.
    The Meter base is setup to be split(340A) and another underground conduit for the house to eventually get rid of the overhead powerlines.
    James
    '88 Blazer, with some bolt on things

Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobracing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay W
    ...Now I'm waiting for the ground to thaw so the trench can be dug for power.
    Please tell me your running it's own power NOT OFF THE HOUSE panel?

I ended running a separate meter to the shop just because it was easier but like it know. And it's pretty darn easy to file a 42 space (200A) box with 240 circuits, lighting and outlets.
    The Meter base is setup to be split(340A) and another underground conduit for the house to eventually get rid of the overhead powerlines.
    Yes, seperate 200A service. The existing ground tranformer is not too far from the back corner of the shop. This way is a lot easier (and better in my opinion) than tearing up the back yard. The only disadvantage is that being detatched from the house, the power co. considers it commercial,meaning higher kw rate charge.
    46 CJ2A

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast