Thread: Beverly Work Project 2009

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Beverly Work Project 2009

The DNR is starting a project at Beverly which entails abandoning the old entrance and getting rid of the old toilet, building a new road on the west section line to a new paved parking lot. They will also be planting trees (which they could certainly use some volunteer help with) from the paved road down along the west fence line to the Russian olive trees. This will hopefully be a new wind break and provide shade for our kids to camp under in the future. They will also have the garbage, toilets and kiosk in the parking lot vicinity with some scattered toilets for the dispersed campers. Hopefully they will have some money left over to buy some cement picnic tables to put around the Russian olive trees.

If you would like to volunteer for some of the work, please post up.

Thanks, Clay
    Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Region 4 PR

1951 CJ3A (project)
    1995 Dolphin 34' Motor home, 460, very big gas tanks
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.
    2013 JD 1023E, diesel, 4x4, Hydrostatic, Rear locker, D120 loader.

Senior Adventurer colemancooler's Avatar

Re: Beverly Work Project 2009

dates would help, I know better than to just tell the DNR I am available
    [img]http://www.treadlightly.org/images/jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif[/img][img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2953/treadtrainerlogocc3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/colemancooler/awrocuserbar.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Ceg
    The DNR is starting a project at Beverly which entails abandoning the old entrance and getting rid of the old toilet, building a new road on the west section line to a new paved parking lot. They will also be planting trees (which they could certainly use some volunteer help with) from the paved road down along the west fence line to the Russian olive trees. This will hopefully be a new wind break and provide shade for our kids to camp under in the future. They will also have the garbage, toilets and kiosk in the parking lot vicinity with some scattered toilets for the dispersed campers. Hopefully they will have some money left over to buy some cement picnic tables to put around the Russian olive trees.

If you would like to volunteer for some of the work, please post up.

Thanks, Clay
    are they turning it into a PAY PER USE area? it sure sounds like it.
    what theyre proposing is NOT cheap. just the paving alone will be tens of thousands of dollars.

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by colemancooler
    dates would help, I know better than to just tell the DNR I am available
    This post is to see if anyone wants to help. I am waiting to hear back from them on work dates.

I had asked if we could do some of the work the day of the clean-up (May 2nd, 2009) since most of you club member live far away from Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada
    what theyre proposing is NOT cheap. just the paving alone will be tens of thousands of dollars.
    I am waiting to hear back on that as well.

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL
    2005 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 ATV, Auto-trans, push button 2/4 wheel drive, Front cable locker, 2" receiver, Warn winch, Tusk MTS Rear Trunk.
    2007 JKU Rubicon 3.8L, auto tranny, D44s with 5:38 Nitro Gears, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, 3" lift, Rough County Stubby bumper, 12,000 Mile Marker.

i hope not. ive never camped there, and have no plans on doing so. when i go, its rarely for more than a few hrs. its too small, and i get bored quickly. if it becomes a pay-per-use site, i probably wont be going there anymore.

i dont want to pay, for the little bit of time im gonna be there./thread jack

that said, depending on when, id still be up to help out

Senior Adventurer colemancooler's Avatar

i hope not. ive never camped there, and have no plans on doing so. when i go, its rarely for more than a few hrs. its too small, and i get bored quickly. if it becomes a pay-per-use site, i probably wont be going there anymore.

i dont want to pay, for the little bit of time im gonna be there./thread jack

that said, depending on when, id still be up to help out
    I don't Pay to camp. I would get a hotel If I wanted amenities -MY opinion-
    [img]http://www.treadlightly.org/images/jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif[/img][img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2953/treadtrainerlogocc3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/colemancooler/awrocuserbar.jpg[/img]

You know Gabe & I are always willing to help clean up or whatever. Let us know when. On a side note, I gotta agree with Nevada & Coleman; I would not pay to camp there either.
    "No Rest For The Wicked"
    [img]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i268/Fatboy97_photos/JeepGirl_thumb.gif[/img]

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy
    I gotta agree with Nevada & Coleman; I would not pay to camp there either.
    X4

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL

Main Admin
    EWA Club Member
    Blog Entries

Here are some pictures of the work done so far:

1951 CJ3A (project)
    2003 Yukon XL